Disabled guests are welcome to book their ticket/s online and will receive a free carer ticket when providing proof of disability on arrival at the Waterpark reception.
Please note that the Carer must be 14 years or over and our standard adult to child ratios apply.
Unfortunately we will not be able to issue carers tickets without seeing the below
documentation. Please note, each disabled guest must provide documentation from the list below to receive a carer ticket.
Accepted Documentation for Carers Tickets
- Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or DLA/Personal Independent Payments (PIP) for those aged 16-64, either in the form of a letter stating that the benefit has been awarded, or the actual Allowance book.
- Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance letter of award.
- Incapacity Benefit books, or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been awarded Incapacity Benefit, Employment Support Allowance (ESA). Disability Student's Allowance (DSA) or DID card (UK Disabled ID Card)
- A valid Blue Badge.
- In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI).
- Credibility’s Access Card with the carer/companion symbol.
Please be aware we are unable to accept letters or care home identification cards as proof of entitlement for a Carers ticket. A letter can be provided to confirm that 2:1 care is required.
Disabled guests who have a specific need to a second helper/carer, can request a second carer ticket, however documentation will be needed to show the need for this additional carer. For more information, please see this page here.
For more information on our adult to child policy please visit here.