VIP Merlin Annual Pass holders can redeem their Golden Tickets for one of two fantastic experiences at Alton Towers Resort!
Behind the Scenes Tour of Rita
Learn how one of our fastest rollercoasters propels guests from 0-100 kph in just 2.8 seconds with a behind the scenes tour of Rita, including a visit to the bunker to see the powerful launch mechanism in action, then head onto the station for the last ride of the day.
How to book: To book please email VIP@alton-towers.com with your full name, pass ID number and your date of interest.
The inevitable small print:
- Guests under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 16 (who also has a Behind the Scenes Tour ticket)
- Guests Must be over 1.4m tall to take part in the launch walk.
- Guests must be able to walk unaided up and down stairs
- Guests must wear comfortable closed-toe shoes – no heels or sandals permitted
- The Tour will go ahead in all weather conditions – but in certain weather conditions such as high winds or heavy rain/snow, access to the Launch Catwalk may be restricted for Health and Safety reasons.
- All loose items must be secured throughout the duration of the Tour. Cameras and phones can be used for the duration of the tour but must not be used if the Tour Leader requests them to be put away.
- Guests must not be intoxicated
- Guests must listen to all instructions given by the Tour Leader and any additional Tour Assisstants at all times. Failure to comply will bring the experience to an immediate end.
Descend into the depths and explore a world beneath the wrecked galleon in Mutiny Bay. For one Golden Experience Ticket, Captain Black and his dastardly crew will offer up an exclusive, guided tour of the SEA LIFE Centre that is Sharkbait Reef.
Guided by your very own Aquarist Wizard (yes, they exist), discover the Reef’s blacktip sharks and chocolate chip starfish, its seahorses and its spotted rays. Then dip your hands into the UK’s first interactive Tropical Pool for a gentle manicure from the shrimp that swim within. It’s an experience like no other – you could even say that it’s Golden.
How To Book
V.I.P. Wizards can book by emailing VIP@alton-towers.com – please give at least two weeks’ notice (swimming around casually for onlookers takes practice, and we need time to feel a little guilt at not polishing Nemesis and Air ahead of your arrival).
The (inevitable) small print
- The Sharkbait Reef Golden Experience takes approximately 45 non-wizard minutes (the same as wizard minutes, but without a pointy hat).
- Oh yes, Sharkbait Reef also requires at least two V.I.P. Wizards to take part (Captain Black likes an audience).
- These Golden Experiences are offered to you subject to availability: we can’t promise that they’ll be available on your preferred dates.
- Whichever you choose, maintain your (hard-won) dignity, control your (wholly reasonable) excitement and remember to bring your valid V.I.P. Merlin Annual Pass/es and Golden Experience ticket/s.
- Once you’ve booked an event and used your Golden Experience ticket, it’s non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Besides this small print, the usual V.I.P. T&Cs also apply (naturally).
- For the hat-trick, so do those for Alton Towers Resort which you can see here.