Guests who have the following documentation are entitled to one free carer ticket. However, the guest with the disability and any further members of their party will pay full price. Please show the relevant paperwork as well as suitable photo ID of the named recipient at Ticket Sales & Collections, located on the main entrance plaza. For proof of disability, please bring any ONE of the following forms from the list below.
Accepted Documentation for Carers Tickets
- Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or DLA/Personal Independent Payments (PIP) for those aged 16-64, either in the form of a letter stating that the benefit has been awarded, or the actual Allowance book.
- Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance letter of award.
- Incapacity Benefit books, or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been awarded Incapacity Benefit, Employment Support Allowance (ESA). Disability Student's Allowance (DSA) or DID card (UK Disabled ID Card)
- A valid Blue Badge.
- In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI).
- Credibility’s Access Card with the carer/companion symbol.
Please be aware we are unable to accept letters or care home identification cards as proof of entitlement for a Carers ticket. A letter can be provided to confirm that 2:1 care is required.
Disabled guests who have a specific need to a second helper/carer, can request a second carer ticket, however documentation will be needed to show the need for this additional carer. For more information, see the below section "Accepted Documentation for Second Carers Tickets".
Accepted Documentation for Second Carers Tickets
- Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or DLA/Personal Independent Payments (PIP) for those aged 16-64 that states additional carer support
- Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance letter of award that states additional carer support
- A registered GP or NHS letter notifying the recipient requires additional carer support
- Credibility’s Access Card with the +2 or higher carer/companion symbol.
The documentation for eligibility of a second carer needs to be dated and issued within the past 2 years. Without evidence of a second carer/helper, standard admission rates apply.